© ChoiceServices Mgt
Mt. Olivet Baptist Church

Former Pastors

5. Rev. Dr. James

E. Rose

1920 - 1942

3. Rev. L. B. Brown 1915 - 1918 4. Rev. Singleton M. Batchlar 1918 - 1920 6. Rev. Dr. Charles  Boddie 1942 - 1956 7. Rev. Arthur L.  Whitaker 1956 - 1967 8. Rev. Dr. Leardrew  Johnson 1967 - 1989 9. Rev. Dr. Dwight E. Cook 1989 - 2006  1. Sedley E. Lee 1910 - 1912

2. Charles D. Hubert

1912 - 1915

Since

1910,

Mt.

Olivet

had

and

contiuue

to

have

a

legacy

of

faithful,

strong,

Godly,

spiritual

leaders.

Rev.

Sedley

was

successful

in

having

the

83rd

Monroe   

Baptist  

Association   

Council

recognized

as

a

Baptist

Church

on

October  

14,  

1910

.

Rev.

Hubert

erected

Hubert

Hall

on

Adams

Street,

where

the

current

church

site

was

later

erected.

Rev.

Rose

erected

a

new

sanctuary

on

January  

23,  

1927

.

Dr.

Bodie

established

the

Rose  

Memorial

Fellowship  

and

help

the

church

break

ground

for

a

new

 

Education  

Building

in

August

1955

and

enabled

the

church

to

liquidate

the

mortage

on

the

old

sanctuary

builded

in

1927.

Rev.

Whitaker

finished

the

Education

building

and

the

church

dedicated

it

on

March

5,

1958

as

Whitaker  

Hall.  

Rev.

Johnson

established

the

Student

Scholarship

Fund,

the

Senior

Citizen's

Fellowship

and

the

New

Sanctuary

Building

Fund.

Rev.

Cook

established

a

Family

Care

Ministry,

a

Discipleship

and

Bible

Study

Program,

a

Youth

Summer

Bash

Program

and

an

Alzheimer

Support

Ministry.

He

established

a

Youth

Ministry

focus

and

hired

the

First

Youth

Minister,

Rev.

James

McCarroll.

He

finalized

the

New

Sanctuary

funding,

lead

the

construction

of

the

new

Mt.

Olivet

Sanctuary

and

he

moved

the

congregation

to

this

new

area

on

June  

20,  

1999

.

Mt.

Olivet’s

success

is

contributed

to

all

of

its

Pastors

because

they

had

a

Single

Mission,

astrong

church

that

could

thrive

long

after

their

tutelage.

To

sucessfully

accomplished

all

of

these

things,

required

the

Leadership

of

Strong,

Faithful,

Spiritual

men

called

by

God

to

ensure that His Kingdom survived and thrived.

Divine Purpose - Single Focus… God

© ChoiceServices Mgt.
Mt. Olivet Baptist Church

3. Rev. L. B. Brown

1915 - 1918

4. Rev. Singleton M.

Batchlar 1918 - 1920

6. Rev. Dr. Charles

Boddie

1942 - 1956

7. Rev. Arthur L.

Whitaker

1956 - 1967

8. Rev. Dr. Leardrew

Johnson

1967 - 1989

9. Rev. Dr. Dwight

E. Cook

1989 - 2006

1. Rev. Sedley E.

Lee 1910 - 1912

2. Rev. Charles D.

Hubert 1912 - 1915

5. Rev. Dr. James

E. Rose

1920 - 1942

Since

1910,

Mt.

Olivet

had

and

contiuue

to

have

a

legacy

of

faithful,

strong,

Godly,

spiritual

leaders.

Rev.

Sedley

was

successful

in

having

the

83rd  

Monroe  

Baptist  

Association  

Council

recognized

as

a

Baptist

Church

on

October   

14,   

1910

.

Rev.

Hubert

erected

Hubert

Hall

on

Adams

Street,

where

the

current

church

site

was

later

erected.

Rev.

Rose

erected

a

new

sanctuary

on

January  

23,  

1927

.

Dr.

Bodie

established

the

Rose  

Memorial

Fellowship  

and

help

the

church

break

ground

for

a

new

 

Education

Building

in

August

1955

and

enabled

the

church

to

liquidate

the

mortage

on

the

old

sanctuary

builded

in

1927.

Rev.

Whitaker

finished

the

Education

building

and

the

church

dedicated

it

on

March

5,

1958

as

Whitaker  

Hall.  

Rev.

Johnson

established

the

Student

Scholarship

Fund,

the

Senior

Citizen's

Fellowship

and

the

New

Sanctuary

Building

Fund.

Rev.

Cook

established

a

Family

Care

Ministry,

a

Discipleship

and

Bible

Study

Program,

a

Youth

Summer

Bash

Program

and

an

Alzheimer

Support

Ministry.

He

established

a

Youth

Ministry

focus

and

hired

the

First

Youth

Minister,

Rev.

James

McCarroll.

He

finalized

the

New

Sanctuary

funding,

lead

the

construction

of

the

new

Mt.

Olivet

Sanctuary

and

he

moved

the

congregation

to

this

new

area

on

June  

20,  

1999

.

Mt.

Olivet’s

success

is

contributed

to

all

of

its

Pastors

because

they

had

a

Single

Mission,

astrong

church

that

could

thrive

long

after

their

tutelage.

To

sucessfully

accomplished

all

of

these

goals,

required

the

Leadership

of

Strong,

Faithful,

Spiritual

men

called by God to ensure that His Kingdom survived and thrived.

Divine Purpose - Single Focus…God